August is the best season to hike in the desert. There is no spring storm, summer heat, nor winter cold, , lying in soft sand, looking at the sky and the galaxy, and having fun around a bonfire with everyone, going over a sand dune, rolling and sliding from the top of the dunes to the bottom;. The amazing and shocking sunrise. Let’s go for it.
Time of activity: August 21, 2018
Registration time: June 6, 2018 - July 15, 2018
Destination: Kubuqi desert, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region
Cost of activity: 650 yuan / person
Number: A group needs 30 people to form
Transportation: full air conditioned tour bus
(according to the accommodation status of the participants, may pick up from the hotels close to the track or meeting up points will be notified further.)
DAY 1：Ordos——Kubuqi desert start point——camping at Longtouguai——BBQ——bonfire party —galaxy viewing
8：00—8：30 meeting up
10：00 arriving at Kubuqi desert start point
10：00—17：00 Hiking to the deep desert(the first day of travelling through the desert, the landform is complex and mixed with many terrains. There are only a few supply points, and a simple meal including bread, ham, sausage and fruits is for lunch)
17：00 Arring at Longtouguai and start setting up camps
18：00 desert DIY BBQ
19：00—21：00 bonfire party
DAY2: Viewing the sunrise- free time -return
4:30—6：00 Viewing the sunrise
7：00—8：00 breakfast（Making milk tea and get rid off the coldness from last night. ）
8：00—9：00 free time
9：00 —10：30 Back to Ordos
1. Transportation: round-trip regular travel vehicle costs + full tolls, fuel costs, driver's room and food expenses.
2. leader cost: two leaders
3. equipment rental costs: GPS, walkie talkie, first aid kit, etc.
4. accommodation: a total of 1 nights, desert tent camping
5. the whole course meal, dinner, breakfast three meals, 4 bottles of mineral water (dinner barbecue; breakfast with pasta and porridge milk tea steamed bread mainly; road meal with bread, ham sausage, fruit based)
6. bonfire + fireworks
7. professional outdoor insurance: personal accident insurance
8. organization cost
9. other staff
1. we have experienced senior professional leaders and logistic rescue workers crossing the desert.
2. Directed by GPS global positioning system to ensure safety.
3. Emergency personnel will follow the whole team with first aid medicine.
1. tents: the organizer provides double tent, 1 double tent, 2 moisture proof mats and 2 sleeping bags.
2. knapsack: recommended knapsack not less than 25L
3. clothes: fast dry trousers, long sleeved coat, assault trousers or rain cape (must one).
4. shoes and socks: it is recommended to wear highly waterproof mountaineering shoes or hiking shoes, and not less than 2 pairs of mountaineering socks.
5. mountaineering stick: it is advisable to have 2, which can save a lot of physical strength.
6. shoes cover: it is necessary to prevent sand from entering shoes.
7. hat: the cap is good or the headscarf, scarf, etc.
8. drinking water: the organization provides 4 bottles of mineral water per day
9. other: sunglasses, lip balm, sunscreen
Note: mountaineering stick and neck sleeves can be rentals by organizers, 2 days for 35 yuan / person, 20 yuan per day.
1. bring your own food: drink at least 2 litres of drinking water every day. According to personal circumstances, you can bring more high calorie foods, such as ham, milk tea, juice, cooked meat, chocolate and so on.
2. emergency food: taking into account the particularity of desert crossing, individuals must prepare emergency food such as compressed biscuits, energy rods, etc.
1.Everyone should drink 3-4 liters of water every 24 hours.
2. try to use portable equipment, snow jacket and windshield.
3. You should bring light food with high calorie that doesn’t consume much water. Make sure that you get enough energy through the journey. It is recommended to have high energy snacks at 9-10 a.m. in the morning and 3-4 p.m in the afternoon.
4. as far as possible, simplify equipment and useless things as far as possible (such as money purse, toiletries, bulky photographic equipment, etc.)
5, The equipment should be as light as possible. (No wallet, toiletries, heavy photographic equipment and so on.)
6. outdoor activities, love environmental protection, please take away all your garbage.
1.This tour must have minimum of 30 attendants to form. If the number of attendants is no more than 30 before July 15, 2018, the full registration fee will be returned from July 16th to July 18th.
2.After signing up for the one day tour of Kubuqi hking and camping, please contact the organizers of the Organizing Committee. We will set up wechat groups for the tour, and provide the detailed travel information in the group.
Organizing committee telephone: 4000478264
Organizing Committee Wechat: jx24rollers
3. further notice on other matters.
4. this trip is provided by Starlight International Travel Agency
5. Starlight International Travel Agency: an independent enterprise legal person approved by the National Tourism Administration, Inner Mongolia Tourism Bureau and the Ordos Municipal Bureau of industry and commerce. It is an international travel agency authorized by the National Tourism Administration to operate the outbound tourism business of Chinese citizens. The company was established in 2000.