On top of the Ovoo in Yijinhuoluo banner, there’s a Mongolian Yurt styled palace, which is the mausoleum of the a great man, Genghis Khan. It is said that when he marched for Xixia and passed by Yijinhuoluo, his horsewhip fell on the ground when he was surprisingly viewing the beautiful surrounding. He stopped his attendant from picking up the horsewhip, and composed a poem “habitat for beautiful deer, and birds;the rejuvenation of the fading Dynasty, the utopia for white haired men.”
In 1227, after Genghis Khan died from Xixia War, the carts carrying the coffin passed through Yijinhuoluo, the same place where he dropped the whip and composed the poem, the wheel suddenly plunged into the mud, and horses couldn’t pull it out. It reminds people of the scene years ago, and buried him here, which is today’s Ganerdeli Ovoo, and left five hundred “Dahl” to serve him at the mausoleum for 800 years. For generations, the butter lamp never went off.
Time of activity: 15 - 22 August 2018
Registration time: June 6, 2018 - July 31, 2018
Destination: one day tour at the Mausoleum of Genghis Khan
Cost of activity: 280 yuan / person
Number of people: Unlimited
Traffic: air conditioned tour bus
(according to the accommodation status of the participants, may pick up from the hotels close to the track or meeting up points will be notified further.)
8：00-8：30 meeting up
9：20 arriving at the Mausoleum
9：20—12：00 visiting the Mausoleum with tour guide
12：00 lunch（8 dishes 1 soup）
13：00—15：00 free time
1. entry tickets for scenic spots (Mausoleum of Genghis Khan)
2. tourist bus
3. Chinese food
4. guide service;
1. If you signed up for the one day tour of the Mausoleum of Genghis Khan, please contact the organizers of the Organizing Committee. We will set up wechat groups for the tours to Mausoleum of Genghis Khan, and provide the detailed travel information in the group.
Organizing committee telephone: 4000478264
Organizing Committee Wechat: jx24rollers
2. Cancellation 3 days before departure is accepted. The fee is refundable due to one’s physical reasons.
3. further notice on other matters.
4. this trip is provided by Starlight International Travel Agency
5. Starlight International Travel Agency: an independent enterprise legal person approved by the National Tourism Administration, Inner Mongolia Tourism Bureau and the Ordos Municipal Bureau of industry and commerce. It is an international travel agency authorized by the National Tourism Administration to operate the outbound tourism business of Chinese citizens. The company was established in 2000.